The sankara fund was established to conserve the nature of world natural heritage Yakushima. We charge 500 yen per stay for guests who stay at sankara hotel & spa Yakushima and the funds collected are used for nature conservation.
- We will hold ecological activities and events suitable for world natural heritage Yakushima together with local residents and implement PR events inside and outside of Japan.
- We will run a hotel as sustainable as Yaku cedar.
- We established the sankara fund for making donations to conserve the nature of Yakushima.
- Our concept is "local production for location consumption." We obtain restaurant ingredients from Kagoshima as well as other areas of Kyushu.
- Our staff have all moved their certificate of residence to Yakushima-cho and pay municipal tax here.